GREEN GORILLA REVIEW 2022
Green Gorilla is one of the renowned CBD brands in the cannabis space, and it invites you to trust it and buy its products. It is the first CBD company to get a USDA certification for safe, organic, and sustainable practices and upholds the same standards today. It employs sustainable farming practices and organic techniques to extract CBD from the hemp surface, making its CBD brands safe and high-quality. What’s more, the brand has a fairly wide assortment of goods, although there is always room for improvement. Currently, Green Gorilla offers capsules, tinctures, pet items, gummies, topicals, and many other products. What’s more, the brand brings on board the three main types of CBD enthusiasts who prefer isolates, broad-spectrum CBD, or full-spectrum CBD formulations. The brand offers its clients 15% off the total sales when they shop its products for the first time, but it does not cater to military veterans. Besides, the free shipping threshold at $75 is quite high, and not all clients will make it up there. Yet, we appreciate the brand fairly prices its goods, and the prices fall within the market range. Are Green Gorilla products worth your pence? Read out the full review for this company to answer this question.
About the Company
Green Gorilla is the first CBD brand to have been certified by USDA for practicing organic farming methods, using advanced organic techniques to extract CBD from the hemp surfaces, and incorporating organic ingredients in CBD products. The brand is about a decade old in the CBD space since its launch in 2013. The people behind Green Gorilla are Steven and Katherine Saxton. Steven and Katherine work in the entertainment and nutrition fields, respectively, but the two were both interested in CBD. They first learned about the cannabinoid in the 2000s, especially among celebrities. Much later, the couple witnessed firsthand how CBD helped a terminally ill dog get better. As if that’s not enough, the injuries Steve had sustained while racing a car started taking a toll on him, and CBD products helped him find relief.
The couple reconsidered CBD and saw that it had a cure. Consequently, they felt inspired to develop CBD products to help people benefit from this cannabinoid, which led to Green Gorilla’s birthing in 2013. The brand then became the first in the CBD arena to receive a USDA certification for safe organic practices. Since then, it has upheld the same practices, helping it win an even larger loyal customer base. Although there is enough information about the brand’s founders, you can only see pictures of the team members, but no information is shared regarding them. Green Gorilla would do well to improve this sector.
With so many CBD brands in the cannabis space, the unique specifications of any company are what set it apart. Here are the specs that describe Green Gorilla;
- No military discounts
- Organic ingredients incorporated on all the brand’s products
- Free shipping for orders worth $75 and above
- The average price point per mg CBD is $0.02- $0.04
- CBD products cost between $2.99 and $299.99
- No money-back guarantee
- Rigorous 3rd party tests whose results are posted online for viewership
- Extract consumption methods include topicals, tinctures, gummies, and pet products
- The brand sources its hemp from the USA
- The total CBD concentrations per CBD products range between 15 mg and 7500 mg
- The clean and safe CO2 extraction method used to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces
- Extracts feature isolates, broad-, and full-spectrum formulations
We loved our shopping experience with the Green Gorilla website. The site is organized and easily navigable. CBD products are grouped horizontally at the top as skincare, capsules, pets, gummies, etc. Besides, you can also click the ‘Shop’ button at the top that drops down several menus acting as shopping options. The menu comprises broad-spectrum CBD capsules, pet items, capsules gummies, as well as full-spectrum items.
When you click on the product you want to buy, a product page is opened, and you get to see a few details about the product. This is critical, especially because it helps clients understand the product in question before making their minds to buy it. You can shop as much as you can, and once done, the system prompts you to check out.
Green Gorilla is the first CBD brand in the USA to receive the USDA certification for practicing organic farming and extraction techniques. In fact, the company calls itself ‘the organic leader in the USA.’ According to the website, the brand has a 1474-acre farm in Arizona where it grows non-GMO organic hemp plants that form the basis of its CBD products. It also partners with farms in Colorado, Oregon, California, and Nevada that also practice organic farming practices. Such methods do not use artificial fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, or any farm inputs that would be harmful to the human system should the chemicals find their way through the leaves and roots of plants.
Green Gorilla uses a vertically integrated system that allows it to run all the manufacturing and industrial practices by one company. Such a system is relatively cheap, ensures the brand saves money and stays sustainable in the market, and helps the brand have full control over what gets into its final products. Once the hemp plants mature, they are harvested and moved to the manufacturing facilities, where the CO2 extraction method is employed to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. The technique is regarded safe in the cannabis space because it efficiently strips off CBD oil and other versatile compounds that augment its role but does not leave any solvent which would be harmful to the consumers.
The next stage involves conducting 3rd party tests to examine the CBD extracts for purity and potency. These quality and control requirements ensure that the CBD and THC potencies indicated on the labels match the actual contents in the extracts and also test the products for standard contaminants such as heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, solvents, residues, and vapor. Green Gorilla does the tests and uploads the results on the Lab Analysis section of its website. Any web visitor or user can view the reports by looking up the batch number on the product against the corresponding CoA at the Certificate of Analysis section of the official website.
Range of Products
Green Gorilla deals in isolate, broad-, and full-spectrum CBD formulations categorized as;
i.Green Gorilla CBD Capsules
Green Gorilla features a capsule product line with a mix of broad-spectrum CBD oil and hemp extract. Each capsule delivers 10 mg CBD and 40 mg hemp extract. There is a variety, including the Inflamend, Relax, Focus, and Relief capsules. They are vegan and do not feature gelatin. Besides, they feature additional natural ingredients, depending on the purpose. L-arginine, ashwagandha, and melatonin are some of the natural ingredients.
ii.Green Gorilla CBD Oils
Green Gorilla sells tinctures in isolate, broad-, and full-spectrum formulations. Depending on the formulations, the oils feature different CBD concentrations, including 30 mg, 60 mg, 120 mg, 450 mg, 1200 mg, and 2400 mg. The isolate/pure CBD oil is 99% CBD, while the other two formulations have terpenes and flavonoids, besides other ingredients.
iii.Green Gorilla CBD Gummies
Green Gorilla gummies come in three berry flavors. They feature many ingredients such as extra-virgin oil, organic oils, turmeric, and rosemary. The gummies serve the body to enhance rest and well-being. The gummies deliver 10 mg CBD each and are packed in 5- or 60-counts sachets or jars, respectively.
iv.Green Gorilla Topicals
You can get topical skincare products from Green Gorilla’s inventory. They feature additional ingredients like lavender, eucalyptus, and arnica, all natural. From this line, you can choose a balm, stick, lotion, or dog balm.
v.Green Gorilla Pet Products
Are your pets old, stressed, inflamed, or achy? Boost his mind and body using Green Gorilla pet products. There is a variety, including dog bites, pet balms, horse care products, and CBD oil. They feature different CBD concentrations, including 300 mg, 450 mg, and 1200 mg, and instructions for use are provided per product on its product page.
What We Like About the Company
Our review found many likable things about Green Gorilla, including;
- The average price point of $0.02-$0.04 per mg CBD is well within the market range
- Green Gorilla offers CBD products made with isolates and broad- and full-spectrum, bringing on board all types of CBD enthusiasts
- Using the CO2 extraction method to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces minimizes chances of allowing solvents in final products, which would be harmful to the human system
- The edible products offer taste, making it easier for people with sweet teeth
- The brand ships orders worth $75 and above for free
- Using organic ingredients in manufacturing CBD products results in consumables with fewer chemicals
- Although Green Gorilla does not reveal a lot about its team, its website does reveal who is behind the brand
- Green Gorilla is committed to saving the environment, as seen in its application of organic farming and extraction methods and use of aquifer ponds to hold water
- Green Gorilla is the first CBD brand to have received USDA certification for organic farming and extraction practices, helping consumers have faith in this brand
- A pop-up appears as you browse, and it offers support for any concerns the web visitors might have
- Green Gorilla diligently examines its products for potency and purity, and most products pass the 3rd party tests
- The brand posts 3rd party tests online, and users can easily view them by looking up the respective batch numbers
What We Don’t Like About the Company
Despite the many perks mentioned about Green Gorilla, as stated above, we still found a few areas the brand needs to improve. For instance;
- Green Gorilla does not recognize the contribution of military veterans to offer them discounts, as do other brands in the CBD space
- The $75 threshold for free shipping is remarkably high, and not all clients can afford it
- Contact details are limited to a physical location and email addresses, and a phone, but no instant messaging feature
- The brand needs to expand its product lines to feature more items
- The website elaborates much about the founders of the company but only puts pictures of the team members without any information about them
Our review for Green Gorilla was good, and the brand garnered 90 out of the possible 100 points. It is USDA certified and observes organic practices in all activities. It produces quality products and has a straightforward site that details much about the founders. However, it needs to expand its product lines, lower the free shipping threshold, detail more about its team, and feature an instant messaging platform on its website to excel in the CBD arena.
- LeafWorks Inc is a biotechnology company that improves cannabis and hemp cultivation and the quality of natural products - April 18, 2023
- Cave Nacional is a wine bar dedicated exclusively to brazilian wines - April 18, 2023
- Hands-Free Inc: The Journey of Quikiks, a Human-Centered Hands-Free Shoe - April 10, 2023