JOHNS CBD REVIEW 2022
The US boasts many CBD brands, and John’s CBD is one of them. It offers edibles, isolates, drinks, pet items, topicals, and tinctures in isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum formulations, as well as delta- 8 THC products and whole hemp flowers. With a fair average price point of $0.05 per mg CBD, the company cheaply sells items that cost $14.00- $100.00. Besides, it has a wide CBD concentration range of 25- 3000 mg, accommodating novice and veteran enthusiasts with varying CBD needs. It 3rd party tests its items for THC and CBD potency but does not examine them for purity against standard contaminants like heavy metals, solvents, residues, etc., as shown by the lab results available on the respective product pages. Here is our full 2022 review of the brand that explores all factors, revealing whether John’s CBD measures up or not.
About the Company
According to its website, John’s CBD is a reputable Texas CBD distributor specializing in CBD oil and a wide range of CBD-infused items such as capsules, drops, gummies, edibles, topicals, pet items, isolates, whole hemp flower, drinks, and delta- 8 items. Established in 2016, the brand boasts a wide CBD product catalog and offers CBD items in all three possible formulations, isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum, for pure cannabinoid consumption and a full entourage effect with and without the psychoactive THC.
John’s CBD sources its hemp from Texas in its farms after receiving a hemp growing license from the Texas Department of agriculture. It employs the clean CO2 extraction method to separate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, and its non-GMO, organic hemp comes from Texas farms. Besides, it takes pride in using organic ingredients for its products, most of which are further formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability. The total CBD concentration in the brand’s item range from 25 to 3000 mg, wide enough to accommodate all CBD enthusiasts, whether veteran or novice.
According to its website, John’s CBD items are pesticide- and toxin-free. However, the 3rd party lab tests available on the respective product pages only focus on cannabinoid profiles (including THC and CBD potencies), so we could not prove the claims. It items sell for $14.00- $100.00 and pose a $0.05 per mg CBD price point, well within the market average. It offers a bag and free shipping for all orders worth $50 and above, and its 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to return unopened, unused items.
The following specs are true to the brand based on its website;
- Extracts feature isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum formulations
- A wide product catalog comprising edibles, topicals, tinctures, capsules, whole hemp flower, isolates, drinks, pet items, and delta- 8 THC products
- The clean CO2 extraction method is applied to strip CBD from hemp surfaces
- The total CBD concentrations in the products range from 25 to 3000 mg
- The items in the brand’s catalog sell for $14.00 to $100.00
- The average price point of $0.05 per mg CBD is within the market range
- Free shipping is offered for all orders worth $50 and above
- Lab test results only feature cannabinoid profiles and leave out standard contaminants like heavy metals, microbials, solvents, etc.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee applies for unopened and unused products
- No centralized lab results hub
- MCT oil formulation for some products to make them more bioavailable
- Shipping to all the USA states
- Hemp is sourced from the USA, in Texas
The quality of CBD products a brand deals in depends on the hemp quality, showing how critical the latter is in the cannabis space. This explains why reputable brands do their due diligence to use high-quality hemp that results in the premium quality products they offer, and John’s CBD is no exception. It sources hemp from its Texas farm after the Texas Department of Agriculture licensed it to grow industrial hemp in 2020. According to its website, the hemp is organic, non-GMO-, pesticide-, and toxin-free, although the lab tests only focus on cannabinoid profile, making it hard to confirm the last two properties.
John’s CBD is a legal, authorized grower and processor of US hemp, following its licensing by the Texas Department of Agriculture in 2020, giving it the mandate to grow industrial hemp. It uses organic, non-GMO, and pesticide-free hemp to manufacture CBD products, and it takes pride in utilizing only organic ingredients for all items in the brand’s inventory. Besides, it happily employs the clean CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, resulting in the isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum formulations for pure cannabinoid consumption and a full entourage effect with and without the psychoactive THC. Most items in the brand’s inventory are formulated with MCT oil, making them more bioavailable.
The next stage in the manufacturing process is 3rd party testing, a quality and control strategy John’s CBD subscribes to for its CBD and THC potencies to be confirmed, and the lab results are posted as result sheets on the respective product pages. Although it claims it deals in pesticide- and toxin-free products, John’s CBD does not test its products for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, solvents, residues, and filth. The brand deals in whole hemp flowers, isolates, drinks, edibles, tinctures, topicals, pet items, delta- 8 THC products, and merchandise. With an average price point of $0.05 per mg CBD, it lives its mission of offering the ‘best-quality CBD products at the best affordable prices.’
Range of Products
One thing that sets John’s CBD apart is its wide range of products, including;
i. John’s CBD Tinctures
The human tinctures by the brand feature full-, broad-, and THC-spectrum formulations. They come in 500- 3000 mg CBD concentrations, with a 16.67- 100 mg/ml potency ranges. They cost $30- $90 and post a $0.03- $0.06 per mg CBD price point, well within the market range. According to the company’s website, they are taken orally, sublingually, and are also added to beverages and food.
ii. John’s CBD Pet Products
The pet line offers pet tinctures in 250, 500, and 1000 mg CBD concentrations. The potency also varies between 8.33 and 33.33 mg/ml. The tinctures cost $20- $50, posing a $0.05- $0.08 per mg CBD price point. According to the website, they are added to pet foods and drinks.
iii. John’s CBD Softgels/ Capsules
The brand’s capsules feature two concentrations; 750 and 1500 mg that come in 30-cont packs of 25 or 50 mg potent capsules. They sell for $48 or $64, posing a 40.04- $0.06 per mg CBD price point, well within the market range. Dosage is 1 or 2 softgels made from natural ingredients.
iv. John’s CBD Isolates
The brand offers isolate crystalized CBD powder or 90+ pure CBD isolates in 1000 mg concentrations and 1000 mg/ml potency. These are made from full-spectrum hemp and feature exclusive cannabinoids separate during extraction. They cost $30 and boast a $0.03 per mg CBD price point.
v. John’s CBD Hemp Flower
The company offers smokable products in the form of hemp buds. They come in 3.5 or 7 g sets. The whole hemp flowers undergo no extraction since the user receives it whole from the farm.
vi. John’s CBD Drinks
The company offers CBD drinks for discreet oral use. They include caffeinated ground tea and decaf tea that comes in three varieties. Serving sizes vary as detailed in the respective product pages.
vii. John’s CBD Gummies
The brand offers 750 mg gummies in packs of 30, each delivering 25 mg of organic, full-spectrum CBD. These are for discreet oral use and feature all-natural ingredients. They sell for $60, posing a $0.08 per mg CBD price point.
viii. John’s CBD Topicals
The topical line features lotions, creams, and massage oils. They come in 500 or 1000 mg CBD concentrations and feature 8.33 or 16.67 per mg CBD potencies. With a price of $36 or $64, they boast a $0.06- $0.07 per mg CBD price point.
What We Like About the Company
We appreciated the following pros while reviewing John’s CBD;
- The brand sells its products affordably with the $0.05 per mg CBD price point
- The wide CBD concentration range of 25- 3000 mg allows the brand to take on board CBD enthusiasts with various needs, both veteran and novice
- John’s CBD boasts a wide product catalog with most CBD mainstream items like edibles, capsules, tinctures, topicals, isolates, whole hemp flower, drinks, and pet items
- Formulating some of its products with MCT oil makes John’s CBD products easily bioavailable once they hit the system
- It offers products in the three available formulations; isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum, allowing onboard all enthusiasts with varying formulation needs
- The clean CO2 extraction method the brand employs to separate CBD oil from hemp surfaces retains the oil in its natural form but does not unnecessarily attach volatile solvents to it
- Free shipping for orders worth $50 and above helps clients save on purchases
- The 30-day money-back guarantee helps dissatisfied clients file claims, return unused and unopened products, and seek refunds and exchanges
- It boasts using all-natural ingredients and organic, non-GMO hemp for manufacturing all CBD items in its inventory
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Although the brand ticked our boxes for many parts hence the many pros, it has its fair share of kinks that deserve straightening for it to perform better in the hemp surface. For instance;
- The 30-day money-back guarantee is limited to unopened and unused CBD items
- The $50 free shipping threshold is relatively high and may not be attained by all who need it but live a suboptimal financial life
- The brand lacks a centralized online hub where it posts its lab test results
- Based on the online test results on the respective product page, John’s CBD does not examine its products for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, toxins, and solvents
- The website offers no information about the team making up the brand
- Some items failed the CBD potency test, posing variances higher than the 10% acceptable limit
We liked our review of John’s CBD brand specifically because of its wide range of isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum CBD products, including almost all mainstream items, free shipping, a money-back guarantee, a fair average price point, use of organic, non-GMO hemp, and organic ingredients for manufacturing CBD products, and wide potency range for its products that are all-inclusive and takes onboard veteran and novice CBD enthusiasts. However, like a coin with two sides, it has a fair share of kinks to straighten. Its $50 free shipping threshold is relatively high, the money-back guarantee is limited to unused and opened products, it lacks a centralized hub for an easy one-and-all view of test results, and lab tests only feature cannabinoid profile and leave out purity for standard contaminants. As such, the brand is doing well but can do better by straightening the mentioned kinks.