VIDA CONCEPTS REVIEW 2022
Vida Concepts is one of the oldest hemp brands since its launch in 2010. Over the 10+ years of operation in the CBD arena, the brand has committed to researching and testing hemp-derived products, and the very research has contributed to its existence and the wide loyal customer base it boasts. It deals in modest hemp inventory, offering high-quality CBN, CBD, and CBG products. One of the factors rendering Vida Concepts unique among other CBD brands is its commitment to save the planet earth through several practices, including the 85% recyclable packaging materials and the various techniques that reduce carbon print. Are Vida Concepts worth your pence? Our full 2022 CBD review for Vida Concepts discusses the brand’s cons and pros, which help answer this critical question.
About the Company
Vida Concepts is celebrating its 12th year in the hemp space since its launch in 2010. It prides itself in committing to protect the planet Earth while still offering the highest quality CBD, CBG, and CBD products. Since its debut in 2010, Vida Concepts has consistently engaged in research, which is the very reason behind its existence and the wide loyal customer base it boasts. The brand also boasts to partner with people and agents with in-depth knowledge of corporate operations in different markets, promoting the brand’s success rate.
The brand’s website does not reveal whether the company sources its hemp, but we researched and found out that it is a legal grower and processor of the American hemp, which it then processes using the clean CO2 extraction method. Vida Concepts takes pride in thorough 3rd party testing but does not post the results online. However, we sourced the results from the customer care department and can be viewed here. From the results, the brand indeed upholds accuracy for product potency and the three contaminants it tests for. We checked the BBB and FDA websites to find any complaints or warnings given to Vida Concepts, but the brand is clean.
The following specs define Vida Concepts;
- The clean CO2 extraction method is used to extract CBD oil from the hemp surfaces
- Extracts available in isolates, broad-, and full-spectrum formulations
- Extracts consumption methods include tinctures, vapes, topicals, edibles, pet items, and capsules
- CBD, CBN, and CBG products available
- A 30-day money-back guarantee applies to all products
- Free shipping available for orders worth $75 and above
- Military veteran discounts available
- Lab results not available on the website but offered upon request
- MCT oil used to formulate products to increase their bioavailability in the body
- US-sourced hemp
- 3rd party tests examine products for potency and select contaminant purity
- 25% available for all first-time buyers
- The total CBD concentrations for products range from 25 to 3500 mg
- Products in the brand’s inventory cost $9.99- $109.99
- The average price point is $0.91- $0.4 per mg CBD
- Organic ingredients used to CBD products manufacture
- Non-GMO, organic hemp
Hemp quality is a critical factor in the hemp space since it determines the final quality of the resulting CBD products. As such, successful CBD brands farm their own high-quality hemp or partner with farmers who uphold high standards, and Vida Concepts is no exception. It is a legal US hemp grower and processor and sources its hemp from Pueblo, Washington, Colorado and Seattle, and the farms practice natural agricultural practices. However, at the time of developing this review, the farms had not gained a USDA certification for organic practices. The hemp is then processed in cGMP-compliant facilities, and the clean CO2 extraction method is used to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. The brand’s website also assures consumers of their safety as they take Vida Concepts products, stating that they are sufficiently 3rd party tested for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides. Nonetheless, the lab results were not available online for easy viewership for consumers to confirm these claims.
The shopping experience at Vida Concepts’ website is enjoyable. The website is simple, professionally designed, and easily navigable. As such, shopping is guided by intuition, and one chooses whatever products he wants and adds them to the cart. You can click the Shop All link and view all products in the brand’s inventory, or click the Products button to view the various product categories in the company’s inventory, including capsules, tinctures, pet items, topicals, and edibles. Moreover, the same option gives additional shopping criteria for performance and tea. After finishing your selection, you check out and fill in your billing and physical location details, after which shipping starts when the orders are processed. A free shipping arrangement applies for orders worth $75 and above, and a 30-day money-back guarantee allows claims from dissatisfied clients.
Transparency in the CBD brand is ensured by conducting independent 3rd party tests since the FDA does not regulate the production of CBD products. These quality and control steps examine CBD products for THC/CBD potency and test the items to confirm they are free from standard contaminants. Vida Concepts performs 3rd party tests and examines potency and purity, but the latter only features partial tests, including heavy metal, solvent, and pesticide lab tests. However, it does not post the results online, but they are available upon request from the customer care desk.
Although the test results were not available at the time of developing this review, we got them upon request from the customer care desk. Using the availed results, we realized that the products passed purity tests for the three contaminants for which they were tested for, including heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides. Concerning the accuracy of potency, the brand has some areas that call for improvements. For instance, the highest CBD variance was revealed by the Happy Pet bacon, which instead of the indicated 600 mg CBD, had 667.61, posing a 12.33% variance, which is higher than the 10% acceptable variance limit.
According to its website, Vida Concepts is a legalized grower and processor of US hemp, which it sources from Pueblo, Washington, Colorado, and Seattle. Although these farms are not USDA-certified for organic practices at the time of writing this review, they uphold the highest natural farming practices. As in organic farming, they do not use chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides through the hemp growing cycle, which is further confirmed by the 3rd party contaminant tests, showing no pesticide presence in the products we ordered.
Range of Products
Vida Concepts has an elaborate CBD catalog comprising the following products;
i. Vida Concepts CBD Tinctures
The brand offers full- and broad-spectrum CBD tinctures which are recommended for oral or sublingual use. Moreover, they can be added to foods and beverages, especially flavored options. According to the website, the tinctures are water-available and are formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability. They come on various CBD concentrations, ranging from 200 to 3500 mg. They have an average price point of $0.03- $0.07 per mg CBD.
ii. Vida Concepts Vape Products
The brand offers vape products, specifically vape cartridges and ready-to-use vape pens. They can be used on the cell 510 batteries and are available on single packs or bulk purchases. The vape products are available in Active, Bliss, and Calm flavors.
iii. Vida Concepts CBD Pet Items
Vida concepts also offers a pet line with CBD tinctures and treats. They are available in broad-spectrum formulations and are administered based on weight. The treats each have 5 mg each and come in 150 mg packs. The tinctures come in 500 mg concentrations and pose a 16.67 mg/ml. According to the website, they can help with hip and joint relaxation.
iv. Vida Concepts Softgels and Capsules
The brand offers CBD capsules in 500 and 750 mg concentrations. They have varying CBD potencies, varying from 8.33 to 25 mg per unit. They are kosher-certified and non-GMO. Moreover, they are vegan-friendly and recommended for oral use.
v. Vida Concepts CBD Topicals and Skincare Products
The brand also offers a topical line with serums, bath bombs, lotions, and lip balms. They are strictly for external use and come in broad- and full-spectrum formulations. The topical products have a potency of 4.17- 11.11 mg/ml. The total CBD concentrations vary from 25 to 1000 mg.
vi. Vida Concepts CBD Edibles
Vida Concepts CBD edible line comprises CBD tea, powdered milk, superfoods, and gummies. The gummies have 20 or 25 mg per unit and contain 250- 750 total CBD concentrations. The edible products are strictly for oral use and the instructions offered on the product pages.
What We Like About the Company
The following pros were identified during our review for Vida Concepts;
- The clean CO2 extraction method strips the needed terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids but leaves no solvent traces on the products
- The brand upholds adherence to set standards and is seen in how it diligently conducts independent 3rd party tests
- Vida Concepts uses naturally-grown hemp to manufacture its CBD products
- The brand offers all three formulations in hemp space, including full-spectrum, THC-free, and isolate products
- It boasts a relatively large product inventory, comprising vapes, capsules, tinctures, topicals, and edibles
- Vida Concepts avails free shipping for orders worth $75 and above
- There is a military veteran discount
- The 30-day money-back guarantee helps dissatisfied clients submit claims and get refunds and exchanges when the complaints are deemed substantial
What We Do Not Like About the Company
The following cons are linked to Vida Concepts and need straightening;
- Some products in the brand’s inventory pose higher CBD variances than the acceptable limit
- The 30-day money-back guarantee exclusively applies to products returned unopened and in the original packages
- The brand only tests for heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides, leaving behind microbials, mycotoxins, and residues, which are also part of standard contaminants
- The $75 free shipping threshold is high and may not be attained by most clients
Our review for Vida Concepts was generally positive, considering that the brand is an authorized member of the National Hemp Authority and a legal hemp grower of American hemp. Besides, it uses the clean CO2 extraction method to strip CBD from the hem surfaces, ensuring no solvents are left on the CBD products, offers free shipping for orders worth $75 and above, applies a 30-day money-back guarantee on unused products, has military veteran discounts, and tests its products for CBD/THC potencies and contaminant purity. Nonetheless, the brand has a few areas to improve for it to perform better in the CBD arena. Its free shipping threshold is high and may not be attained by all clients, it does no test for residues, microbials, and mycotoxins which are part of standard contaminants, the money-back guarantee is limited to unused products, and some products posed higher CBD variances than the 10% acceptable limit. As such, we can recommend it as a good brand, but improving these areas helps it see higher heights in the cannabis space.
- WAL, acronym for Walk and Learn, is a group activity consisting in a simple barefoot walk - May 8, 2023
- Dreamy London – gift shop - March 30, 2023
- WagBone – Fun and Unique Pet Accessories - January 18, 2023